Library Standards, Notes, and Helpful Information:
- There are intentional gaps in the numbering system.
- To be described as a 'book' the item must be hard-bound, paper-bound, or have a spiral or comb binding. Stapled or loose-leaf items are filed under their specific categories.
- Dates usually refer to the original publication date but if the item is a reprint, the date may be that of the reprint.
- If values appear, for most items the value is the replacement cost at the time of the loan or acquisition. Books are priced at Amazon.com or Abebooks.com. Other items show typical trading mart prices.
- All entries with an 'M' suffix are the property of the Musical Box Society International. There are some intentional duplicates of MBSI items and those from other sources.
- Page sizes are in inches.
- The ampersand sign (&) at the end of a description indicates that there are additional keywords or entries in addition to those shown.
- Note: this data is published for personal use only, and if used in published research materials or journals, source credit must be given to Mechanical Music Library International, Inc. No other commercial use or copying is permitted without written permission. All Rights Reserved for this compilition of data.
- For mechanical organs, the number of keys precedes the name, such as 89 Gavioli; the model number follows the name, such as Ruth 33; and multiple numbers of examples follow the name in parentheses, such as Bruder (9).
Search the Library
Use the form below to search by any keyword or term. To browse by category, please use the drop-down list at the right.